With a special focus on:
A legacy document is like a written photo album of your life.
Your legacy document has two parts. One part looks back, highlighting your memories, important moments, relationships, accomplishments, and lessons learned. The second part looks forward allowing you to share your hopes, dreams, and wisdom for the future with your loved ones. These legacy documents follow the Dignity Therapy protocol created by Dr. Harvey Chochinov and well-researched for over a decade.
While the creation of your life story has taken a lifetime, the creation of a legacy document is a relatively brief process.
- A brief initial meeting going over the dignity therapy process and giving the client the questions to review before the interview.
- An interview lasting about one hour in which the client is guided through the questions. Note: clients do not have to answer any questions they do not feel comfortable.
- The entire interview will be transcribed and edited so it sounds less like an interview and more like a story in the voice of the client.
- One more interview where the document is read aloud to the client and changes, corrections, and additions are made as necessary.
- Once these changes have been made and the document approved by the client, final copies will be printed off and placed into book-form for the client to keep for loved ones at the time of the client’s choosing.
Counselling fees are $125 per 50 minute session.
Fees may be reduced depending on household income and other need, as follows:
- Household income 90K and above: $125 per 50 minute session
- Household income 76 to 90K: $110 per 50 minute session
- Household income up to 61-75K: $95 per 50 minute session
- Household income up to 46-60K: $80 per 50 minute session
- Household income up to 45K: $65 per 50 minute session
Legacy document preparation (all interviews, document formatting, and printing) is approximately $750.